I have learned that drama really isn't that bad. I actually thought it was kind of fun! I think I will want to use drama in my class room because it is fun and gets kids out of their shell. I think that if my teachers had used it more, maybe I would not have been so shy. The I liked a lot of the activities that were used in the presentations but the ones I would want to use the most would be, depending on the grade,Decision Alley and ones where you would reenact the scene using props.
Children need creative drama because it gets them out and interacting with other students, as well as letting their creative minds get flowing. There are so many different ways kids can incorporate drama into what they do in the classroom.
With our group project, we paired up with another member of our group and took a section of the book, then created an activity for that section. My partner was Leah and we decided she would read our section and I would direct our activity, which was decision alley. From other team presentations, I learned what to do and also what not to do, which I think is important. Our team worked very well together. Every team member did their part and they did it wonderfully. I really thought our presentation went perfect!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Lacy, I am so glad that you have a positive attitude about creative drama and that you have enjoyed the class activities! And I am also glad that you had a positive experience developing and presenting your process drama.
ReplyDelete