Sunday, February 27, 2011

Reflection #4

When I saw that we would be learning about dance, it was not the kind of dance that I thought it would be. I am thinking, "okay, we are going to have to come up with a number to music...5,6,7,8....jazz hands!" It was not like that though. It is importnat becuase it give students the opportunity to express their emotions and feelings through movement, not "dance". From my point of view, right now, I think it will be tricky to incorporate dance into the 5th grade class that we will be teaching, especially when we have to teach social studies. Its always good for a challenge though!

With our presentation, we split our group up so that we would all take a section of the book, then come up with a creative dance section for our part. I have learned that when working with groups, sometimes it makes it hard and frustrating. Some people dont pull their weight, some people take too much charge, but in the end, I think our group did an excellent job!

1 comment:

  1. Lacy, I love the "jazz hands" comment (we may have to do them)! And I know it may be tricky to incorporate dance in field - although you can probably do something - even just use a little warm-up to get brain and blood flowing, The good thing is you will have four art forms to choose from. :)

    ReplyDelete